Friday, May 20, 2011

My Library Of Books

     I have been reading and collecting novels since I was a child, since the time I was 7 or 8 years old. I got my love of reading and my love of novels from my late father and for that I will always be greatful. I remember as a child he would always take my sister and I to the library and to the Half Price Books stores and buy us books. As a child I have read The Babysitter Club series, Fear Street, Bearnstain bears and as I got older I started reading Fiction.
        I know alot of people don't like to read or say they don't have time but I am glad I had the chance to be introduced to the world of reading. As of today I have 135 novels ( and counting) on my bookshelf that I have collected and thought were worth saving over the years. I have thought about buying a Nook, or a Kindle or some other kind of electronic reading device but I think it's pretty cool to be able to show off all of my tresured novels to anybody who is a avid book reader like myself. I guess I like the fact that I myself have actually read all of these books!
        Besides the 135 novels on my bookshelf, I also have a collection of novels I have bought but not have read yet due to the fact that I am obbessed with buying books any chance I get! :). I always tell myself and others that untill I have read every unread book , I will not go to the bookstore to buy any new ones but of course I never live up to that promise!
         I decided to start a book blog for all those other book lovers out there who share the same passion as I do for reading. I hope for whoever reads my blog will find a book out of my collection and try reading it for themselves along finding the joy of it like I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment